LIVER FAT &
Fatty Acids, the Liver, Insulin|
One way to tell if you have a really toxic colon, is to look at your belly. Is it drooping over your pants from an enlarged liver or accumulated toxicity? People think they've gotten fat, but the colon and small intestines stretch from all the accumulating matter in there.
The wrong food for your metabolic type, food allergies, caffeine, stress, hormones or environmental allergies. While doctors may prescribe medication or laxatives to stop symptoms, this only suppresses the body's efforts to clear out the causal irritation and does not address the true cause, thus driving the biochemical imbalance deeper into the body.
Supplements can be important to your healing, but remember they do not replace a healthy diet or proper rest. A colon that is not overloaded with unhealthy microbes, undigested foods and toxic debris heals more readily. In a world where people feel such a lack of control over their health, many of us have discovered colon cleansing works.
To start a simple liver cleanse, this is what you will need:
- Apple juice or malic acid supplements
- 4 tblspoons of Epsom Salts.
- 1/2 Cup of Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 big grapefruit, or 3 lemons.
1. For 4-5 days before your liver flush, eat as many apples, or drink as many apple juice as you can. You can take malic acid supplements if you wish if you can't drink the juice. In the last 2 days, drink 8 oz of apple juice every 2-3 hours. Doing this will help ensure the liver flush is successful.
2. On day 6, eat a light breakfast with no fat. This enables the bile in your liver to accumulate, putting pressure in your liver. This pressure will eliminate more stones in your liver.
3. At 2:00 PM, the same day, mix 4 tblspoons of Epsom Salts in 3 cups of water, pouring all this into some jar. Do NOT drink or consume any foods after 2 PM. This is extremely important! Put this jar in the cooler/refrigerator to make it cold.
4. At 6:00 PM, drink 3/4 cup of this mixture. It will taste very bad... but you can add 1/8 tablespoons of powdered Vitamin C to make it taste better.
5. At 8 PM, drink another 3/4 cup of thix mixture. Get all your errands done, and prepare for the liver flush. You shouldn't be doing ANYTHING after doing a liver flush, just lying down and sleeping.
6. At 9:45 PM, pour 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil into a jar. Squeeze the entire grapefruit into the mix, removing the pulp with a fork, or chopsticks. You should have 1/2 to 3/4 cups of grapefruit juice mixed with the virgin olive oil the jar. Close the jar, and shake it very hard until it is all liquid.
7. At 10 PM, drink this mixture. You may drink it through some large straw if that makes it easier for you. Try to get it all down by 5 mins or so.
8. Lay down in your bed as soon as you are down. This is crucial, and most people do this wrong. Don't do any work, don't even bother brushing your teeth! Just lay down immediately! Lay on your right side, with your right knee up towards your chin for 20 or so mins. Stay still, and try not to move at all. Try to sleep.
9. The next morning, when you wake up, drink a 3rd dose of your 3/4 cup Epsom salts. You can go back to sleep afterwards.
10. Two hours later, drink the last dose of Epsom salts.
11. Only after 2 more hours can you eat anything, but do not eat solid fruits just yet. Start with liquids, and move slowly to fruit.
What can you expect?
The next morning, you can expect some sort of diarrhea (this is caused by the Epsom salts). You will or will not see some gallstones afterwards. Some people just eliminate regular wastes, but others eliminate hundreds of gallstones. Look for green, round things - these are gallstones. if they're float and are green, they are gallstones.
Most people don't even get gallstones in their first liver flush. Be patient! Wait one more week before you do another liver flush. I know a friend who didn't pass any stones the first 3 times she did a liver flush, but lo and behold, the 4th time she did it, she eliminated almost 500+ gallstones in one liver flush. Our poor liver wasn't caused by 1 day of poor dietary habits - we can't expect it to be solved by just 1 day of liver flushing.
Before a Liver Flush:
Colon Cleansing is still the #1 priority you should concern yourself with before even thinking about doing some liver flushes. Without a clean, and unclogged colon, these gallstones will simply remain constipated and stuck in your system. Start with a 3-4 month regimen of colon cleansing, and then move on to liver flushes.
Once I completed my first cleanse, which consisted of a fiber supplement, anti-parasite capsules and a detoxifying tea, I managed to convince my husband to also give it a try. He ended up continuing the program for three months and throughout this period not a day went by without something rather "unusual" leaving his body. His stools, much like those of my other "victims", contained a lot of mucus, chunks of debris that resembled cooked liver, long black twisted rope-like pieces, and the things he was most ashamed of – parasites.
Unfortunately, when someone's body is infested with parasites, the critters can sometimes pick a very unruly time to leave their "nest". What happened to my girlfriend, Donna, is a perfect example of such an occurrence. She was already a couple of weeks into the program when she was driving to her mom's house. She got such a strong urge to empty her bowels that she had to pull off the highway and run for the nearest bush. Donna was never a very queasy person, but even she was shocked when she left an approximately 12-inch long roundworm behind.
My husband's childhood friend was also on the program for a couple of weeks when interesting things started happening. He was beside himself when he called us late one evening:
"I've been standing over the toilet for an hour. I can't imagine where these things could possibly be coming from! One is about 25 inches long, the other looks to be about 15 inches. I don't know what they are, but I do know that I've never eaten anything that resembles these!"
He was only 33 years old at the time and for three weeks straight he kept passing the strangest and grossest things one could imagine. If this happens to such a young person, what "surprises" could someone much older be harboring?
Q: Every time I have a bowel movement it never without a very huge effort. It's never soft, its always rock solid. Also, it comes out as small round balls of fecal matter (like a rabbit almost), lots of them, that is so strange, why is that?
A: The description suggests that you are dehydrated. Most people maintain a chronic low-level dehydration and are not aware of it. When waste enters the colon from the small intestines it is in liquid form. As it travels through the large intestines more and more water is absorbed from it into the body and the waste becomes more concentrated and solid. When dehydrated, your body is pulling out as much water as it can and this results in hard, very compact pellet-like feces. This makes the fecal material much harder to expel from the body. The lack of water also results in longer transit time giving the waste longer to putrify which contributes to the odor.
(Milk Thistle is cited as a liver tonic based on isolated tests. It may or may not do what it is claimed to do. It is not a clearly agreed-upon remedy).Milk thistle leaves and stem produce a milky sap. Silymarin is a chemical extracted from the seeds. This chemical acts mainly on the liver and kidneys. Various preparations of milk thistle, especially the seeds, have been used in medicine for over 2000 years.
Milk Thistle has been used to prevent and treat liver disease such as hepatitis and jaundice. Also, to reduce liver damage from long-term treatment with antipsychotic drugs, pain relievers, sedatives, and tranquilizers (if you are taking any of these, check with your health care provider).
No severe side effects have been reported from taking milk thistle. Doses greater than 2500 mg (2.5 grams) per day have been reported to have a slight laxative effect.
Some individuals taking milk thistle have reported: Stomach pain, gas, bloating, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite.