Scriptures For Overcoming The Tribulation
(Verses on the Tribulation...)
OVERCOMING THE ENEMY
- Jer. 17:5 - Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength., and who's heart turns away from the Lord. ["Trusts in man," or relying on the Babylonian system of commerce, accepting the viewpoints of the world in order to seek safety with the godless masses, is to throw away one's faith and leave one open to the same curse that's falling on the unbelieving world.]
- Psalm 66:5-10- They plot injustice... Surely the mind
and heart of man are cunning; But... suddenly they
will be struck down. [God] will turn their own tongues
against them and bring them to ruin; All who seek them
will shake their heads in scorn. All mankind will
fear, they will proclaim the works of God and ponder
what he has done. Let the righteous rejoice in the
Lord and take refuge in him; Let all the
upright in heart praise him. [Though we prepare for the days ahead as just a common-sense measure, it is God who will enable us to carry on when the world turns against us. We are not obligated to surrender to the antichrist: we are obligated to apply Absolute Faith in the promises of God to deliver us. These promises have not expired: our burden to bear is to keep a ferocious guard against any opinions from the worldly that might erode our faith]
- - - - - - - - - -
- 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
- Psalm 91:13 - You will trample on the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon you shall trample underfoot.
- Psalm 112:7 [A righteous man] will have no fear of bad
news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
- PR 24:11 - Rescue those being led away to death; hold
back those staggering toward slaughter. [We're required to share what we know of the hard times to come, and the means to prepare for it. Rather than be "unscriptural" to prepare for survival, we're directed to "rescue" those who need to know]
- PR 27:12 - The prudent see danger and take refuge; But
the foolish keep going and suffer for it.
- PR 29:25 - Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but
whoever trusts in the Lord will be kept safe.
- PR 28:1 - A wicked man flees though no one pursues;
but the righteous are as bold as a lion. [As threats from the world increase, the Righteous man moves on through it all with boldness]
- PR 16:7 - When a man's ways are pleasing to the Lord,
he makes even his enemies live at peace with him.
- Luke 21:36 - Therefore, watch, and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. [There is a wrath to come, and there is an escape from it.]
- John 3:8 - The wind blows where it will, and you hear its sound, but can't tell where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
- Ephesians 5:15-16 - See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise; Making the most of the time, because the days are evil.
- Ephesians 6:14 - STAND therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
- Ephesians 6:13 - Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to STAND.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:13 - And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. [And] be at peace among yourselves.
- Hebrews 10:35 - Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.
- James 2:17 - Even so faith, if it has not works, is dead, being alone.
- James 4:7 - Submit yourselves therefore to God. RESIST THE DEVIL, AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU.
- 1 John 4:4 - You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
- 1 John 5:4 - For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, [even] our faith.
- Revelation 12:14 - And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. . [This is the "Church", the body of Believers who are brought to a place of provision and protection, sufficient to elude and survive the actions of the antichrist]
CLUES ABOUT THE NATURE OF THE TRIBULATION
- Isaiah 33:19 ...those people of an obscure speech,
with their strange, incomprehensible tongue. [essentially this describes a condition of being under the control of people not of your culture. They have no "feel" for the civilians they're attacking.]
- Isaiah 5:24b - 27 - for they have rejected the law of the LORD
Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel.
Therefore the LORD's anger burns against his people;
his hand is raised and he strikes them down.
The mountains shake,
and the dead bodies are like refuse in the streets.
Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away,
his hand is still upraised.
He lifts up a banner for the distant nations,
he whistles for those at the ends of the earth.
Here they come,
swiftly and speedily!
Not one of them grows tired or stumbles,
not one slumbers or sleeps;
not a belt is loosened at the waist,
not a sandal thong is broken. [enemies flocking here from "the ends of the earth"]
- Isaiah 13:10-13, 15-18 -
The stars of heaven and their constellations
will not show their light.
The rising sun will be darkened
and the moon will not give its light.
I will punish the world for its evil,
the wicked for their sins.
I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty
and will humble the pride of the ruthless.
I will make man scarcer than pure gold,
more rare than the gold of Ophir.
Therefore I will make the heavens tremble;
and the earth will shake from its place
at the wrath of the LORD Almighty,
in the day of his burning anger.
15 Whoever is captured will be thrust through;
all who are caught will fall by the sword.
Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.
See, I will stir up against them the Medes,
who do not care for silver
and have no delight in gold.
Their bows will strike down the young men;
they will have no mercy on infants
nor will they look with compassion on children.
•Back to "Overcoming the Enemy"