Nutrition, Preparation, and General Facts From Different Sources
(From: www.cqs.com/influenza.htm )
Prepare for Avian Influenza!
Various U.S. and U.N. agencies and the Council on Foreign Relations are spreading the word that the Avian Influenza, if it breaks out this fall or winter, could be as severe as the worldwide Spanish Influenza epidemic of 1918, and they are predicting hundreds of millions of deaths worldwide.
This influenza, currently isolated in China, is a hemorrhagic illness. It kills half of its victims by rapidly depleting ascorbate (vitamin C) stores in the body, inducing scurvy and collapse of the arterial blood supply, causing internal hemorrhaging of the lungs and sinus cavities.
Most people today have barely enough vitamin C in their bodies (typically 60 mg per day) to prevent scurvy under normal living conditions, and are not prepared for this kind of illness. (Vitamin C deficiency is the root cause of many infant and childhood deaths worldwide, and it is the root cause of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome - SIDS.)
The way to prepare yourself and protect your family from this influenza is not a vaccine or anti-viral drug. If vaccines and/or anti-viral drugs are offered to you, please refuse them. These actually reduce your immunity; vaccines contain many toxic components, such as aluminum and mercury, and anti-viral drugs interfere with critical body processes. Historical evidence of vaccinations has shown that they actually increase the chances of becoming severely ill. The best way to prepare for influenza is by enhancing your immune system and increasing the amount of vitamin C in your body.
- Begin increasing the amount of vitamin C that you take each day to very high levels, spread over the course of the day, in divided doses taken with meals. Start at 1000 mg per meal, and increase slowly to 2000-4000 mg per meal. (These are adult doses, modify by body weight for children.) Your optimal dose is just below the point where your body complains by giving you mild diarrhea. This is called the "bowel tolerance dose." Such doses are perfectly safe - vitamin C is natural to our bodies and needed for many body processes. Most people don't get nearly enough. Stock up on this vital nutrient - buy in powder form, 1-pound or 3-pound canisters (ascorbic acid form). Mix with water or fruit juice. Be sure to take vitamin C with food that will coat your stomach to prevent stomach upset, such as organic soymilk.
- Take 6000 mg of the amino acid lysine per day, 2000 mg per meal (adult dose, modify by body weight for children). Lysine is a natural protease inhibitor - it prevents bacteria and viruses from spreading in your body. You can obtain it in tablet, capsule, or powder form. The latter form is the least expensive; buy several pound containers of it.
- Take a high-potency multivitamin/multimineral tab, and a calcium/magnesium supplement, every day.
- Drink at least 2 quarts (8 cups, 2 liters) of non-caffeinated liquids per day. Spring water and/or decaffeinated green tea made with spring water are best. Do not drink diet soda or consume anything with aspartame or other artificial sweeteners.
- Stock up on other anti-viral agents and nutrients: l-proline and l-glycine (amino acids - at least one pound of each, in powder form), turmeric extract capsules, ginger capsules, garlic capsules, 15-mg zinc/1-mg copper capsules or tabs, oil of oregano (Gaia Herbs brand is a good one), decaffeinated green tea extract, N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), and non-gmo or organic soy protein drink concentrate. (Note to expectant mothers: Do not use oregano oil, as it is an abortofactant, and please obtain Chi Organic Green Tea Extract, available from vitaminlady.com, to avoid fluoride.)
- In advance (right now), find a chelation or alternative health clinic that is willing to administer intravenous vitamin C infusions. This may be necessary if you are stricken by the Avian Flu and find that you cannot keep up with it with the oral dosage. (Refer to Dr. Robert Cathcart's intravenous vitamin C preparation document if the clinic needs this information: http://www.orthomed.com/civprep.htm)
- If you do become ill, start increasing your vitamin C dosage dramatically - your bowel tolerance dose will rise as it is used to detoxify your body from the virus toxins; it may rise to as much as 100,000-200,000 mg (100 to 200 grams) per day (adult dose). Take up to 4000 mg per dose, with increased number of dosages. Start taking 12,000 mg of each of l-lysine, l-proline and l-glycine per day, in divided doses. Take 1000 mg oregano, 4000 mg turmeric extract, 4000 mg ginger, 4000 mg garlic, 45 mg zinc/3 mg copper, 1500 mg N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), and 2000 mg green tea per day, in divided doses. Increase fluid intake to 3-4 quarts (liters) per day. (These are the adult doses, modify by weight for children.) Eat easily-digestable meals complemented with 1/2-scoop soy protein shakes. Continue this regimen until all signs of illness have subsided. If the illness is not controlled by the regimen, obtain a series (2-3 per week) of 30-gram Vitamin C intravenous infusions at a chelation or alternative health clinic, with higher dosages if necessary for pneumonia or previously compromised immunity (e.g., AIDS or CFIDS). (Important: See note above regarding use of this regimen during pregnancy; do not use oregano oil during pregnancy.)
- If you are currently taking Lipitor or another cholesterol-lowering (statin) drug, stop taking it immediately. These drugs are very damaging to the immune system. The above vitamin C and lysine regimen will (through a completely different mechanism) naturally balance your cholesterol and protect you from heart disease. If you continue to take a maintenance dose of 6000 mg of vitamin C and 6000 mg of lysine per day, you will never need to take statin drugs ever again. (For more information on this, click here for an article about statin side effects, and an excellent article at Dr. Mercola's website http://www.mercola.com/article/statins.htm)
- You must take the regimen above every day, consistently. After the danger period has passed, I recommend that you continue the regimen at the level of 6000 mg vitamin C and 6000 mg lysine per day (adult dose, modify by weight for children). You will enjoy better health, lose fewer days to illness, and protect yourself against heart disease. (If you choose not to continue the regimen, please taper off gradually.) Use your stocks of anti-viral nutrients for any illness you may encounter. Prepare for Avian Influenza!
- One of the practices that the soldiers did to combat the 1912 flu was to chew garlic cloves (raw).
- Viruses can be stunted with a higher raised temperature than 98.6°. Keeping the temperature normal is dangerous because the virus would grow at a great rate, filling the lungs with fluid. Fever is our "friend:" it's a self defense mechanism, raising the heat in our bodies to kill the intruder.